Gabrielle and Lexeme Consulting in the news:
Landscapes for People, Food and Nature Blog - 6 Dec 2013: Risky business: A landscape approach to sustainable supply chains
CCAFS Blog - 18 Nov 2013: Can countries bankroll climate adaptation without undermining development?
GreenBiz - 3 May 2013: Starbucks, SABMiller take holistic approach to sustainability
World Agroforestry Centre Blog: From cocoa to coffee cup: Agribusinesses take a landscape approach to sustainable sourcing
EcoAgriculture Partners Blog: Taking Care of Business: Landscape Approaches to Reduce Risk
EcoAgriculture Partners Blog: Project-level insights for landscape-level PES
CIFOR Blog: Scientists pinpoint activities driving deforestation and urge countries to take action at Doha
Mercado Ético - 28 Sept 2012 (Brazil) Agricultura é apontada como grande vilã do desmatamento
Mongabay - 27 Sept 2012: Agriculture causes 80% of tropical deforestation
ScienceDaily - 25 Sept 2012: Agriculture is the direct driver for worldwide deforestation
BioNews - 25 Sept 2012: Agriculture is the direct driver for worldwide deforestation
CCAFS Guest Blog: Addressing agricultural drivers of deforestation at the UNFCCC and view the SBSTA submission.
CCAFS Guest Blog: Commodity roundtables and avoided forest conversion in REDD+
Nature - 8 June 2011 (UK): Agriculture omitted from deforestation plans
Correio Braziliense - 9 June 2011 (Brazil): Brasil ensina o mundo a plantar e preserver
Deutsche Welle - 8 June 2011 (Germany)—Portuguese: Brasil oferece modelo agrícola sem elevação do desmatamento, diz estudo
Instituto de Pesquisa Ambiental de Amazonia - 9 June 2011 (Brazil): Considerada pelos países a principal causa do desmatamento, expansão agropecuária está fora das estratégias de REDD+
Select recent publications:
- Kissinger G, Lee D, Orindi VA, Narasimhan P, King’uyu SM, Sova C. 2013. Planning climate adaptation in agriculture. Meta-synthesis of national adaptation plans in West and East Africa and South Asia. CCAFS Report No. 10. Copenhagen, Denmark: CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS). Link to report and slideshare.
- Behnassi, M., O. Pollmann, G. Kissinger (editors), 2013. Sustainable Food Security in the Era of Local and Global Environmental Change. Springer.
- Kissinger, G., A. Brasser, and L. Gross, 2013. Reducing Risk: Landscape Approaches to Sustainable Sourcing. Washington, DC. EcoAgriculture Partners, on behalf of the Landscapes for People, Food and Nature Initiative. Link to synthesis report, SABMiller and Starbucks case studies, and scoping report.
- Kissinger, G., C. Patterson, H. Neufeldt, 2013. Payments for ecosystem services schemes: project-level insights on benefits for ecosystems and the rural poor; ICRAF Working Paper no. 161. Link to report.
- Kissinger, G., M. Herold, V. De Sy. Drivers of Deforestation and Forest Degradation: A Synthesis Report for REDD+ Policymakers. Lexeme Consulting, Vancouver Canada, August 2012. Link to report. Presentation (COP 18, Doha, Qatar).
- Olander, L., C. Galik, G. Kissinger. Operationalizing REDD+: scope of reduced emissions from deforestation and forest degradation. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. Available online 23 August 2012. In press. Follow Link.
Kissinger G. 2012. Corporate social responsibility and supply agreements in the agricultural sector: Decreasing land and climate pressures. CCAFS Working Paper no. 14. CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS). Copenhagen, Denmark. Link to report.
- Kissinger G. 2011. Linking forests and food production in the REDD+ context. CCAFS Working Paper no. 1. CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS). Copenhagen, Denmark. Link to report and policy brief.
- Kissinger, G. 2010. Draft WWF Discussion Paper: Monitoring, Reporting and Verifying Social, Environmental and Governance Safeguards in REDD+, WWF. Link to report.
- Kissinger, G. 2010. Lessons Learned: Engaging Civil Society in REDD+ Programme (2009-2010), WWF. Link to report.
- Kissinger, G., Sperling, F. 2010. A Critical Opportunity for Climate and Biodiversity Protection. WWF Norway, short-paper. Link to report.
- Kissinger, G. 2010. The Link between Reducing Deforestation and Degradation and Biodiversity Conservation. WWF Norway.
- Alternative investment models in sustainable and inclusive agricultural production in developing countries
- Evaluation of investment options for conservation and economic development in a globally significant rainforest, on behalf of private foundations
- Conservation finance options (including forest carbon offsets), strategy and implementation for a group of Canadian aboriginal communities.
- Consultation policies and decision-support processes supporting a British Columbia First Nation in their self-governance, negotiations with the BC Province and third-parties.
- Collaborated on learning modules and course curriculum for a Sustainable Finance and Accounting MBA course (University of Wales).